Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm Not Crafty...

I remember my grandma telling me how her mom was a true artist; Great-grandma once made a vase out of chicken wire & melted crayons & supposedly it was beautiful! Grandma would get irritated when company came because her mom would disasterize the kitchen making something exotic & Grandma would have to clean it up. I don't think I inherited all of Grandma Greats artistic ability, but destroying a kitchen to create something fancy is something I have done can relate with. I am done telling myself that "I'm not crafty"! I have decided to resurrect some of my grandmas genes!

The furniture in our home is abused well loved and so in between being a wife & mother, running my own little business, & my church duties I will occasionally post projects I am working on w/ perhaps a few tutorials in the mix.

Money is oh so tight so I might try my hand at Grandma Great's chicken wire vase some time! Looking forward to this journey; come join me!


3 comments:

  1. I love anything that reminds me of our grandma--she was such an amazing woman. I love that she inspires us all and we are all looking for ways to keep her in our hearts and to feel connected to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Kathleen. I miss her still! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I was looking at your blog, and I just had to tell you that I think you're so talented! I love the stuff that you have made on here. It's so cute! I especially loved that flower you made out of paper. Very cute! Anyways, I promise I'm not a blog-stalker type person, just wamted to tell you how cute this stuff was. Have a good day to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete